AXA Shareholders Approve AXA's Change In Governance
PARIS, April 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- "I am honoured by the confidence that AXA's shareholders and new Board of Directors have placed in me today and deeply committed to our Group, our clients and our employees who are, and have always been, AXA's core strength," said Henri de Castries, Chairman and CEO of AXA.
"Our business is about supporting our clients through difficulties and helping them prepare for the future with more confidence and peace of mind. Needs for insurance, protection and savings have never been greater both in developed countries and emerging markets. AXA has a clear strategy, a solid balance sheet and an organization that position us well to seize these opportunities and deliver long term value creation."
Result of the Shareholders' Meeting
During AXA's Annual Shareholders' Meeting today, all resolutions supported by the Management Board were approved by the shareholders, including:
- The replacement of AXA's dual board structure (Supervisory Board and Management Board) with a unitary board structure in the form of a Board of Directors
- The appointment to the Board of Directors of:
- Ms. Wendy Cooper (representative of the employee-shareholders), Mrs. Dominique Reiniche (independent), Mr. Jacques de Chateauvieux (independent), Mr. Norbert Dentressangle (independent), Mr. Jean-Martin Folz (independent), Mr. Anthony Hamilton (independent), Mr. Francois Martineau (independent), Mr. Giuseppe Mussari (independent), Mr. Michel Pebereau, Mr. Ramon de Oliveira (independent) and Mr. Ezra Suleiman (independent), who were previously members of the Supervisory Board of AXA,
- Mrs. Isabelle Kocher (independent), Mrs. Suet- Fern Lee (independent), Mr. Henri de Castries (formerly Chairman of AXA's Management Board) and Mr. Denis Duverne (formerly the member of AXA's Management Board in charge of strategy, finance and operations), as new members of the Board
- The payment of a Euro 0.55 dividend per share to be paid on May 6, 2010 (ex-dividend date: May 3, 2010). AXA will therefore pay its shareholders an aggregate dividend amount of approximately Euro 1,259 million, representing an increase of more than 50% compared to last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV