Weis Markets Launches Paws For Pets Benefiting Local Pet Shelters
SUNBURY, Pa., April 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Weis Markets today launched its second annual Weis Paws for Pets, a month-long, chain-wide program offering customers the opportunity to donate pet food and supplies to local animal shelters and rescue organizations.
The program begins Sunday, May 2 and continues through Saturday, May 29. It will run in all Weis Markets' stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and West Virginia.
"This is the time of year where shelters and rescue see a surge in unwanted and abandoned animals, resulting in an increased need for pet food and other pet supplies," said Karen Buch, Weis Markets' Director of Lifestyle Initiatives. "Last year our Paws for Pet program generated nearly $200,000 in pet product donations for pet shelters and rescue organizations throughout our market areas. We hope to do even more this year."
Nearly 100 local pet shelters and rescue organizations will participate in this year's programs and approximately 40 stores will host pet adopt-a-thon events.Ms. Buch said her company worked with local pet shelters to develop a list of needed items, including: dog, cat, puppy and kitten food, kitty litter, collars, harnesses and leashes, toys and treats, pet shampoos, nail clippers, pet brushes, combs, food and water bowls, dishwashing liquid, bleach, new mops and brooms, towels/washcloths and powder-free latex gloves. A suggested list of items will be available in stores to help customers select suitable donation items. After customers purchase the items they wish to donate, they can simply place the items in a specially marked donation collection cart near checkout. Each donor will be invited to add a paw print sticker to the store's Paws for Pets Window Poster.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV