Fitch Ratings said it has upgraded the Issuer Default Ratings (IDRs) for Ford and its captive finance subsidiary Ford Motor Credit to B from B-. Fitch Ratings said its rating outlook for both Ford and Ford Credit remains positive.
Fitch Ratings added that the upgrade of the IDRs and the positive outlook reflect Fitch's expectation that Ford's credit profile will continue to strengthen as the global economy recovers and as the company leverages its increasingly competitive product portfolio and improved cost position to increase production and unit sales.
Also, coupled with Ford's solid price performance, margins are expected to grow over the medium term, driving stronger levels of free cash flow, Fitch said.Wall Street Strategies' David Silver is still bullish on the stock, but says he believes it will even out sooner or later. "Europe continues to be a problematic area and it does look like the rebound is slowing." At the same time, Silver postulates, "it seems the Street continues to expect the hockey stick type rebound to continue." -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV