One note of caution though: whether Ford will have enough inventory to accomodate an upswing in demand. CNW's Spinella disputes such notions, saying that not meeting demand during a demand upswing is "a great thing to be in. So this way, it's always in demand. There's always someone out there to find one.
That's how Harley-Davidson (HOG) became such an iconic brand, sustaining demand even at high prices, he explained. "Cause they always had a shortage of motorbikes."
Ford: Analysts' Upgrades, Downgrades
S&P's Levy has noted that "even as market share gains are likely to be harder to come by as competitors' difficulties recede into history, we believe Ford has learned the lesson to give profits precedence over market share." He still sees more improvement ahead for Ford, as it and the auto industry should benefit from higher sales volume in both the U.S. and globally for the next several years."The industry is still at a massively depressed level, so while we expect increased structural and raw materials costs, we think that a normalization, particularly in North America leaves a lot of leverage yet to be had," Craig-Hallum's Dyer added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV