How are car-recall issues at Toyota reverberating in Japan?
Abe: Japanese people deep in their hearts are sympathetic. Yet, Toyota had to correct many things. They really created a dynasty that has been successful for such a long time. They have to reflect about what went wrong. That said, the things that they did wrong were really far less than the things they did well. So I am a strong believer that Toyota will revive. As a matter of fact, their base earnings are clearly reviving at a yen level of 90, according to what the company announced. So once they get over these problems in an honest and a clear manner, I am sure Toyota will be the one to lead the auto industry.
-- Reported by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV