Key Tronic Corporation Announces Third Quarter Results
Key Tronic Corporation (NASDAQ:KTCC), a provider of electronic manufacturing services (EMS), today announced its results for the quarter ended April 3, 2010.
For the third quarter of fiscal 2010, Key Tronic reported total revenue of $51.7 million, up 16% from $44.8 million in the previous quarter and up 17% from $44.2 million in the same period of fiscal 2009. For the first nine months of fiscal 2010, total revenue was $137.8 million, compared to $139.5 million in the same period of fiscal 2009.
Net income for the third quarter of fiscal 2010 was $4.4 million or $0.43 per diluted share, up from $1.7 million or $0.17 per diluted share in the previous quarter and up from $0.3 million or $0.03 per diluted share for the same period of fiscal 2009. Results for the third quarter of fiscal 2010 include a net deferred tax benefit of $2.2 million or approximately $0.22 per diluted share. For the first nine months of fiscal 2010, net income was $6.4 million or $0.63 per diluted share, up from $0.8 million or $0.08 per diluted share for the same period of fiscal 2009.
Higher than anticipated production volumes for the third quarter of fiscal 2010 resulted in a strong gross margin of 10% and an operating margin of 4%, up from 7% and 1%, respectively, in the same period of fiscal 2009.“We’re very pleased with our strong sequential growth in revenue and earnings during the third quarter of fiscal 2010, driven by increased demand from both new and longstanding customers,” said Craig Gates, President and Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve remained profitable for 25 consecutive quarters by continuing to control our costs, maintain strong operating efficiencies and improve our new product introduction processes, even as we have brought many new programs into production and grown our business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV