Hanger Orthopedic Group Inc. Q1 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
The company disclaims any intent or obligation to update publicly these forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Now I’ll turn the call back over to Tom.
Thanks Tom. Overall the first quarter contained several noteworthy points. We grew consolidated sales over the first quarter of last year by 5.4%, in spite of some difficulties due to adverse weather and the continuing unemployment conditions.This sales performance combined with cost management yielded $0.16 earnings per share, excluding the cost associated with our relocation. This equates to a 14.3% growth over last years first quarter, and I’d like to add that the relocation is tracking on plan and we still anticipate a move-in date of about mid August. This quarter makes the 17 th consecutive quarter, where we have met or exceeded first call estimates. Now I’ll turn it over to George, our Chief Financial Officer, who will review our financial results and balance sheet changes in detail. George McHenry Thank you Tom. Good morning everyone and thank you for joining us. I’ll comment on the income statement first. Q1 was another solid quarter for the company. The important take away is on our operations are as possible. We met estimates as Tom mentioned, recording $0.16 excluding relocation cost. Our operation income increased by 7.5%, and our margin improved by 20 basis points, excluding the relocation cost. You may recall that our operating margin actually declined 10 basis points last year in the first quarter, so we are pleased with these results, and it puts us in good position for the balance of the year. Our sales increased by 5.4%. Patient Care made up a significant potion of the increase, with a 3.6% increase in same-center sales, and our distributing segment reported a 4.3% increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV