How to Play a Retreat in Treasury Bond
An investor must determine his or her own tolerance for risk on a position. In terms of Treasury bond futures, the investor will lose $15.625 per every point that the price is over 118'26. The risk of loss is substantial. Selling of options is not suitable for all investors. An investor can lose more than the original investment.Buy a June 116 put option for a premium of $375 or better. This position can potentially profit if bond prices fall below the strike price of 116 at or before expiration. The maximum risk when purchasing an option is the premium paid-in this case the investor cannot lose more than the $375 paid plus $50 in commissions and fees for a total loss of $425.00 I recommend holding this position for no longer than seven to 10 days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV