Ennis, Inc. Reports Results For The Year And Quarter Ended February 28, 2010
Ennis, Inc. (the “Company") (NYSE: EBF) today reported financial results for the quarter and the year ended February 28, 2010.
For the quarter, our net sales increased by $4.1 million, or 3.5%, from $117.3 million for the three months ended February 28, 2009 to $121.4 million for the three months ended February 28, 2010. Our Print sales for the quarter were $66.1 million, compared to $73.8 million for the same quarter last year, or a decrease of 10.4%. Apparel sales for the quarter were $55.3 million, compared to $43.6 million for the same quarter last year, or an increase of 26.8%. Our overall gross profit margins ("margins") during the quarter increased from 22.1% for the three months ended February 28, 2009 to 28.2% for the three months ended February 28, 2010. Our Print margins increased from 23.7% to 26.6%, while our Apparel margins increased from 19.3% to 30.1%, for the respective periods. Our earnings (loss) for the quarter increased from ($62.9) million for the three months ended February 28, 2009 to $9.8 million for the three months ended February 28, 2010, primarily due to the improved margins realized by both our segments during the quarter and impact associated with the goodwill and trademark impairment charge of $67.9 million during the comparable period last year. Our diluted earnings (loss) per share ("EPS") increased from ($2.44) per share to $.38 per share for the three months ended February 28, 2009 and February 28, 2010, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV