- Consolidated total revenues and income from operations grew 6.2% and 9.8%, respectively, compared to the first quarter 2009, in spite of a challenging economic environment.
- Coca-Cola FEMSA total revenues and income from operations increased 4.7% and 6.4%, respectively. Double-digit income from operations growth in Latincentro and Mercosur divisions drove these results.
- FEMSA Cerveza income from operations increased 12.7%. Top-line growth mainly due to higher price per hectoliter in Mexico and strong volume growth in Brazil, combined with lower cost pressures, resulted in an operating margin expansion of 70 basis points.
- FEMSA Comercio continued its pace of strong growth and margin expansion. Income from operations increased 28.7%, resulting in an operating margin expansion of 50 basis points.
FEMSA Grows Operating Income 9.8% In 1Q10
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.