RIM Unveils New BlackBerry Phones
There are no new blockbuster designs; the two new phones, the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, are slightly updated versions of existing models.
BlackBerry Bold 9650
According to the specifications sheet sent by RIM's public relations team, the Bold 9650 is a candy bar smartphone with a 3.2-megapixel camera, a "large, high-resolution screen, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11b/g). It's made to work as either a quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS or dual-band CDMA/EV-DO (Rev A) phone.
BlackBerry Pearl 3GThe BlackBerry Pearl 3G, meanwhile, is strictly a GSM phone (said to be a quad-band device with tri-band, 3G UMTS capabilities). It too has a "large, high-resolution screen," a 3.2-megapixel camera and GPS, although it has better Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n). Both designs have RIM's new Track Pad in place of the older (and somewhat finicky) trackball design. Both are said to be able to handle voice and data at the same time (on the EV-DO model?), both can handle downloaded apps from the BlackBerry store and, of course, both excel at handling your email and appointments in the time-tested BlackBerry style.
More on BlackBerry
|The Best BlackBerry Apps
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV