RIM Unveils New BlackBerry Phones
There are no new blockbuster designs; the two new phones, the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and the BlackBerry Pearl 3G, are slightly updated versions of existing models.
BlackBerry Bold 9650
According to the specifications sheet sent by RIM's public relations team, the Bold 9650 is a candy bar smartphone with a 3.2-megapixel camera, a "large, high-resolution screen, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11b/g). It's made to work as either a quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS or dual-band CDMA/EV-DO (Rev A) phone.
BlackBerry Pearl 3GThe BlackBerry Pearl 3G, meanwhile, is strictly a GSM phone (said to be a quad-band device with tri-band, 3G UMTS capabilities). It too has a "large, high-resolution screen," a 3.2-megapixel camera and GPS, although it has better Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n). Both designs have RIM's new Track Pad in place of the older (and somewhat finicky) trackball design. Both are said to be able to handle voice and data at the same time (on the EV-DO model?), both can handle downloaded apps from the BlackBerry store and, of course, both excel at handling your email and appointments in the time-tested BlackBerry style.
More on BlackBerry
|The Best BlackBerry Apps
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV