The Board of Directors of ICICI Bank Limited (NYSE: IBN) at its meeting held at Mumbai today, approved the audited accounts of the Bank for the year ended March 31, 2010.
Profit & loss account
- 35% increase in standalone profit after tax to Rs. 1,006 crore (US$ 224 million) for the quarter ended March 31, 2010 (Q4-2010) from Rs. 744 crore (US$ 166 million) for the quarter ended March 31, 2009 (Q4-2009).
- Fee income increased 13% to Rs. 1,521 crore (US$ 339 million) in Q4-2010 from Rs. 1,343 crore (US$ 299 million) in Q4-2009.
- Operating expenses (including direct marketing agency expenses) decreased 6% to Rs. 1,504 crore (US$ 335 million) in Q4-2010 from Rs. 1,605 crore (US$ 357 million) in Q4-2009.
- Total provisions decreased 9% to Rs. 990 crore (US$ 220 million) in Q4-2010 from Rs. 1,085 crore (US$ 242 million) in Q4-2009.
- Profit after tax for the year ended March 31, 2010 (FY2010) increased 7% to Rs. 4,025 crore (US$ 896 million) from Rs. 3,758 crore (US$ 837 million) for the year ended March 31, 2009 (FY2009).
During the year ended March 31, 2010, the Bank has significantly strengthened its deposit franchise. This is reflected in the strong growth in savings and current account deposits and increase in the CASA ratio. The Bank continues to invest in expansion of its branch network to enhance its deposit franchise and create an integrated distribution network for both asset and liability products.
CASA deposits increased 34% to Rs. 84,216 crore (US$ 18.8 billion) at March 31, 2010 from Rs. 62,668 crore (US$ 14.0 billion) at March 31, 2009 and the CASA ratio increased from 28.7% at March 31, 2009 to 41.7% at March 31, 2010. Total deposits of the Bank were Rs. 202,017 crore (US$ 45.0 billion) at March 31, 2010, compared to Rs. 218,348 crore (US$ 48.6 billion) at March 31, 2009.