MediciNova Releases Notice Of Pendency And Settlement Of Class Action
MediciNova, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company publicly traded on the Nasdaq Global Market (NASDAQ: MNOV) and the Hercules Market of the Osaka Securities Exchange (OSAKA: 4875), today releases the notice of pendency and settlement of class action seen below:
|SUPERIOR COURT FOR THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA|
|FOR THE COUNTY OF ALAMEDA|
|THE PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE FUNDS, individually and on behalf of all others similarly situated,|
|Case No. RG09470224|
|NOTICE OF PENDENCY AND SETTLEMENT OF CLASS ACTION|
|AVIGEN, INC.; ZOLA HOROVITZ; JOHN K.A. PRENDERGAST; KENNETH CHAHINE; RICHARD WALLACE; JAN K. ÖHRSTRÖM; STEPHEN G. DILLY; MEDICINOVA, INC.|
This notice (the “Notice”) provides you with important information in connection with the settlement (the “Settlement”) of a civil action concerning the acquisition of Avigen, Inc. (“Avigen”) by MediciNova, Inc. (“MediciNova”). Your legal rights may be affected by this Notice and the proceedings in this litigation, whether you act or do not act. You should read this Notice carefully.
1. Why Did I Get This Notice?You or someone in your family may have held shares of Avigen common stock at some time from August 20, 2009 through and including December 18, 2009, the Closing Date as defined in the Agreement and Plan of Merger between Avigen and MediciNova (the “Merger Agreement”).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV