3. The model upgraded Briggs & Stratton, a maker of lawn-mower and other outdoor engines, to "buy."
Quarter: Fiscal third-quarter profit declined 5.3% to $24 million, or 48 cents, as revenue grew 3.1%. The operating margin expanded from 6.5% to 10%. Briggs & Stratton has $28 million of cash and $348 million of debt, equaling a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.5.
Stock: Briggs & Stratton has advanced 63% during the past year, outperforming stock-market indices. It trades at a price-to-book ratio of 1.6 and a price-to-sales ratio of 0.6, 51% and 59% discounts to peer averages. It's also cheap based on cash flow.Consensus: Of analysts covering Briggs & Stratton, three advise purchasing its shares, two recommend holding and one suggests selling them. Hudson Securities expects the stock to gain 16% to $27. William Baird believes it will hit $26. 2. The model upgraded Cymer, a designer of equipment for semiconductor manufacturers, to "buy." Quarter: Cymer swung to a first-quarter profit of $16 million, or 53 cents, from a loss of $11 million, or 39 cents, a year earlier. Revenue doubled to $114 million. The operating margin turned positive. Cymer holds $172 million of cash and no debt. Stock: Cymer has risen 31% during the past 12 months, less than stock-market benchmarks. It sells for a PEG ratio, a measure of value relative to expected growth, of 0.1. A ratio below 1 implies a bargain. It's also cheap based on projected earnings. Consensus: Of researchers following Cymer, six, or 67%, rate its stock "buy" and three rate it "hold." Barclays (BCS) projects a share price of $50, leaving a potential 37% return. Stifel Financial (SF) predicts that it will climb 26% to $46.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV