The company is expected to report earnings of $2.46 per share for 2010 and $2.82 per share for 2011, a significant turnaround from a loss of $4.84 per share reported for 2009.
The stock is currently trading at an attractive price-to-earnings ratio of 14.3, the lowest amongst the gold majors. In comparison, gold giants Goldcorp (GG), Newmont Mining (NEM), Kinross Gold (KGC), and Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM) are trading at PE multiples of 33.1, 15.1, 27.2, and 30.8, respectively.
As per TheStreet's Analyst ratings guide, the stock has 16 buy, seven hold, and one sell ratings.
Silver WheatonSilver Wheaton is scheduled to announce its first-quarter results on May 12. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to report earnings of 16 cents per share compared to earnings of 6 cents per share and 15 cents per share in the first and fourth quarters of 2009, respectively.
Silver Wheaton remains our top silver stock pick for the earnings season. Production at Goldcorp's Penasquito mines that commenced during the first quarter will be a significant contributor to earnings growth.Management anticipates producing 22.2 million ounces of silver for 2010 and 38 million ounces by 2013 with no ongoing capital expenditures required to generate this growth. The company has a portfolio of world-class assets, including silver streams on Penasquito mine in Mexico and Barrick's Pascua-Lama project in Chile and Argentina. Importantly, the company currently has 13 silver purchase agreements, in exchange for an upfront payment, to purchase all or a portion of the silver production, at a low fixed cost, from high-quality mines located in politically stable regions. These unique contracts will keep the company's silver production costs below the industry average. The stock has 11 buy, one hold, and no sell ratings, as per TheStreet's Analyst ratings guide.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV