19 Retail Takeovers: Rumors Run Rampant
Aeropostale (ARO) is taking precautions to defend itself over a possible takeover by private equity, according to reports.
The New York Postreported that the teen apparel retailer hired Barclays Capital as a strategic adviser, as management wants to remain publicly traded.
Aeropostale has faced some difficulties in the second half of the year, reporting a 1% decline in same-store sales in November, its second consecutive monthly drop, as well as the departure of Co-CEO Mindy Meads."Am I surprised? No," Wall Street Strategies analyst Brian Sozzi says. "There are poor assortments coming up until spring, [Meads] was just pushed out, the stock is under pressure and management believes it's undervalued. There are classic signs here."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV