Covenant Transport Wins Statewide Trucking Safety Awards
SACRAMENTO, Calif., April 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Covenant Transport, Inc. (Nasdaq: CVTI) was honored for its outstanding safety record at the California Trucking Association's Fleet Safety Awards Banquet in Sacramento on Wednesday, April 7th, at the Sheraton Grand in Sacramento. Covenant received first place in the General Commodity Truckload Over 7 Million Miles Division, and first place in the Local Under 4 Million Miles Division.
Covenant Transport is part of Covenant Transportation Group, Inc., the holding company for several transportation providers that offer premium transportation services for customers throughout the United States. The consolidated group includes operations from Covenant Transport and Covenant Transport Solutions of Chattanooga, Tennessee; Southern Refrigerated Transport of Texarkana, Arkansas; and Star Transportation of Nashville, Tennessee. The Company's Class A common stock is traded on the Nasdaq National Market under the symbol CVTI.
California Trucking Association's safety awards program judges companies on specific safety performance, including accident frequency, personnel and hiring systems, documented safety policies and procedures, driver-safety training, internal accident handling procedures, and participation in the association's safety activities. Top contenders' safety programs are audited, and accident statistics are reviewed by the CTA Safety Staff.
SOURCE Covenant Transport
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV