In a second interview, Cramer sat down with Michael Mendenhall, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Hewlett-Packard (HPQ), the global market leader in PCs and printers, and a company noted for its green initiatives.
Mendenhall said that HP is all about building a sustainable society, and about doing good by doing well. He said the company is always looking for ways to be greener, then dropping those savings right to the bottom line.
For example, Mendenhall highlighted the company's focus on energy usage, where it reduced its 85 data centers around the globe to just six, thereby reducing energy usage by 60%. The company has also reduced energy consumption in its notebook computers by 40% in just five years.Mendenhall also said that it's the first technology company to put an eco highlights label on its boxes so that consumers can see first hand how much money they can save and the attributes of each item. Mendenhall said that in the case of HP's all-in-one printers, consumers can save 30% on energy as compared to a separate printer, scanner and fax machine. In addition to its eco initiative, Cramer said the company has shown it has the wherewithal to make money for its shareholders.
Lightning RoundCramer was bullish on SBA Communications (SBAC), CIENA (CIEN), Intel (INTC) and Baltic Trading (BALT). He was bearish on Qualcomm (QCOM), Annaly Mortgage (NLY), Eldorado Gold (EGO) and Dryships (DRYS). -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington D.C. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Want more Cramer? Check out Jim's rules and commandments for investing from his latest book by clicking here. For more of Cramer's insights during the Lightning Round, click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV