NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The next time we get a big pullback like today, have your shopping list ready," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
He said when the market's putting stocks on sale, investors need to look toward the five overarching themes that are driving stocks higher.1. Explosive Growth. The markets just can't get enough of companies that have great growth, said Cramer, companies like Apple (AAPL), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, along with Chipotle (CMG) and Netflix (NFLX). Cramer said all of these names were down big early today, only to skyrocket higher by the close. 2. Aerospace. There's a multi-year move happening in Boeing (BA), and that's good news for not only Boeing, but also United Technologies (UTX) and countless other component suppliers. 3. Banking Revenue Growth. The markets are paying up for banks that are growing revenues, Cramer told viewers. That's why stocks like Citigroup (C) are in demand, and why stocks like PNC (PNC) and Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) are great investments. 4. Housing Growth. With only eight months of housing inventory, Cramer said there will likely be a housing shortage by 2011. He said home builders like Standard Pacific (SPF), with its large exposure to California, are great plays, as well as companies that make anything that goes into a home, like Masco (MAS), Whirlpool (WHR) and others. 5. Hotels. Corporate travel is back, according to executives at Marriott (MAR). Cramer said we should expect great things from Starwood Hotels (HOT) and also Wynn Resorts (WYNN).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV