For example, half believe health-care coverage should be provided to all retirees, and 44% say more financial resources should be put toward Social Security. Nearly half (47%) of all affluent Americans ages 35 to 50 assume that Social Security won't play a role in their retirement and almost 70% are skeptical about Medicare.
Nearly 65% of respondents under age 50 want to see the maximum contribution limit for IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans raised.
-- Reported by Joe Mont in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV