3. "Oh, yes, by all means create another pot of money you can steal from. Do you people ever quit? No one needs you to come up with a foolish Treasury bond forced plan. You'll take $1 and pay back 25 cents worth of buying power. If you tie the returns to a commodity index, I am all for it. But not for a 3% return in 25% inflation. Anyone there have a clue on monetary policy, or do you just look for the next Ponzi scheme to create?"
4. "Coming from a host of ridiculous decisions from an administration and Fed set on 'trying ideas,' this is a recipe for civil unrest. If I wanted socialism, I'd move to Cuba, thank you very much. If my elected government aims to control my money, I will completely remove any and all investments from the market and transfer my wealth to gold."
5. "This is the single most devious, socialistic, anti‐constitutional proposal I have ever read, and if this idea were to be manifest in law, I would consider it a brazen act of fiscal piracy. That this idea could even be considered causes me to evaluate strategies to protect and defend what is mine. It also makes clear the true intent of the federal government, and this does not inspire confidence nor patriotism."
6. "My husband and I plan on pulling all of our retirement funds out of our 401(k)'s if this plan even hints at being passed. I'd rather earn 1% in a savings account until we retire than give it to the government."7. "A government raid on private retirement funds wouldn't necessarily take the form of outright confiscation. It could take the form of mandatory conversion into government accounts, where the government would determine how much money retirees could receive. Or it could take the form of, for example, a 40% surtax on disbursements from 401(k) balances over $1 million -- on the grounds that it would only harm wealthy 'millionaires.' I reject that notion! The basic principle would be the same: My money would no longer be my money. Instead, the government would claim the right to redistribute my wealth to pay for others' retirement on the grounds that they needed it more."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV