Conceptus® Reports First Quarter Sales Of $33.4 Million
Cash, cash equivalents and investments were $99.3 million as of March 31, 2010, a decrease of $5.9 million from December 31, 2009. In the first quarter of 2010 the Company repaid $3.6 million of its outstanding short-term loan balance with UBS Financial Services.
Conceptus also announced financial guidance for second quarter of 2010, and affirmed full year 2010 net sales and net income guidance, as follows:
“We are pleased to have exceeded our earnings guidance for the first quarter of 2010,” commented Mark Sieczkarek, president and chief executive officer of Conceptus. “As we expected, lingering unemployment and a broad-based decrease in physician office visits in the first quarter of 2010 slowed our growth, but this environment in no way detracts from our enthusiasm for the long-term growth potential of the Essure procedure. We remain cautious in our macroeconomic outlook for the remainder of 2010, yet are optimistic that our company-specific awareness initiatives will continue to support increased usage of the Essure procedure.”These statements are only effective as of the date of this press release and Conceptus undertakes no duty to publicly revise or update these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV