Despite stumbling to a first-quarter loss on a slew of charges and missing adjusted earnings forecasts in the morning, Weatherford (WFT) shares were adding 4.1%, or 66 cents, at $16.94, which a Reuters news report attributed to upbeat profit margins.
Elsewhere on the Nymex, May natural gas was declining 4 cents to $3.90 per million British thermal units. The more heavily traded June heating oil contract was up 3 cents to $2.21 a gallon, while June gasoline was adding 4 cents to $2.31 a gallon.
--Written by Sung Moss in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV