BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Sure enough, data is the name of the game this week. With big-name earnings going full blast for the next month or so, investors are finally getting a good gauge of how businesses actually performed in the last quarter.
It's about time, too. Stocks have rallied hard in the last couple of months, and without the fundamental support for those seemingly inflated levels, stocks would otherwise be facing trouble. Rest easy for now: Following a few key releases, first-quarter 2010's early numbers look overwhelmingly positive.
But while Wall Street focuses on the fundamentals, we're eschewing those numbers in favor of short-term technicals.
Technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's chart patterns and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution.That's why, every week, Stockpickr takes a look at stocks that could be staging a technical move soon and compiles a portfolio of promising Technical Setups. Here's a look at this week's potential trades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV