Replacement laserjet ink cartridges run a reasonable $90-ish, which should last the average business close to a year, or about half the cost of inkjets, and for some paper types, in-line with true laser printers. Again, impressive stuff.
And while far from perfect, the 1212 took all of 12 minutes to set up and has worked dead on since. What's not to love?
What you don't get: Don't misinterpret my enthusiasm to expect the 1212 is a full-featured imaging device.
The 1212 solves a problem, not all problems. It only prints black and white. And image quality, while perfectly fine, is nowhere near the best printers on the market. And $199, and $90 for the cartridge is, believe it or not, a lot of money for a printer. And sophisticated network- and document-sharing is beyond this unit.Listen up: You will be wasting your money if you expect the 1212 to do anything more than to create moderate-output, black-and-white business documents. Bottom line: Yes, it's a sad world, indeed, when a well-done, black-and-white printer rates as newsworthy. But such is the state of small-business documents. If you want a a simple, good value imaging device, the 1212 is the one to consider. Now, if someone could figure out how to kill off the rest of my piles, I'd be all set.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV