The Antitrust Case Against Google
** NEWS CONFERENCE: WEDNESDAY, April 21, at 10 AM **
WHAT: News conference to discuss Google's anticompetitive practices; Consumer Watchdog will ask Department of Justice to seek remedies including a possible breakup of the $23 billion corporation, which has more than 70 percent of the search market.
Joseph Bial , special counsel at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, who represents myTriggers.com and TradeComet.com.Simon Buckingham , a New York based Internet and mobile entrepreneur. Gary Reback , an attorney with Carrell & Ferrell and a founder of the Open Book Alliance. John M. Simpson , consumer advocate with Consumer Watchdog. WHEN: Wednesday, April 21, at 10 AM WHERE: Winner Room, National Press Club, Washington, DC MORE INFO: Two antitrust attorneys, a mobile entrepreneur and a consumer advocate will discuss Google's anticompetitive practices. Consumer Watchdog will call for the U.S. Justice Department to seek remedies that could include a breakup of the Internet giant. Both myTriggers and TradeComet have filed antitrust suits against Google. The Open Book Alliance was formed to oppose the Google Books settlement, now pending in federal court. Consumer Watchdog has opposed the books settlement as well as Google's $750 million deal to acquire the mobile advertising company AdMob. "For most Americans, indeed for most people in the world, Google is the gateway to the Internet. How it tweaks search algorithms can ensure a business's success or doom it to failure," says Simpson. "Google's business practices actually determine much of the Internet experience for most consumers by determining what Websites they view. Yet, Google remains a closed black box offering little insight into how it operates."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV