NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "A rally is a rally," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Monday, "even if the wrong stocks are leading it."
He said that today's action proved that Friday's sell-off was not a time to panic, but a terrific buying opportunity.Cramer said it became clear today that the government's case against Goldman Sachs (GS), a stock which he owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, may have been overblown by the media, allowing the markets to rally. But, he said the stocks that led last week's rally before Friday, did not lead today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV