Value Line, Inc. Announces Special Dividend Of $3.00 Per Share In Lieu Of Regular Quarterly Dividend Of $0.20 Per Share
NEW YORK, April 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Value Line, Inc. (Nasdaq: VALU), a leading New York based publishing and investment management company, announced today that its Board of Directors approved a special dividend of $3.00 per common share of Value Line, payable on April 29, 2010 to shareholders of record on April 26, 2010. The special dividend is being paid in lieu of Value Line's regular quarterly dividend of $0.20 per common share of Value Line.
About Value Line
Value Line, Inc. is a leading New York based publishing and investment management company. The Company believes The Value Line Investment Survey is one of the most widely read independent investment publications. Value Line also produces and publishes other proprietary investment periodicals in both print and electronic formats. The Company has copyright data, which it distributes under copyright agreements for fees including certain proprietary ranking system information and other proprietary information used in third party products, and provides investment management services to the Value Line family of no-load mutual funds and institutional and individual portfolios.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995This press release contains statements that are predictive in nature, depend upon or refer to future events or conditions (including certain projections and business trends) accompanied by such phrases as "believe", "estimate", "expect", "anticipate", "will", "intend" and other similar or negative expressions, that are "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to the following:
- dependence on key personnel;
- maintaining revenue from subscriptions for the Company's products;
- protection of intellectual property rights;
- changes in market and economic conditions;
- fluctuations in Value Line's assets under management due to broadly based changes in the values of equity and debt securities, redemptions by investors and other factors;
- dependence on Value Line Funds for investment management and related fees;
- competition in the fields of publishing, copyright data and investment management;
- the impact of government regulation on Value Line's business and the uncertainties of litigation and regulatory proceedings;
- terrorist attacks; and
- other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to the risks described in Item 1A, "Risk Factors" of the Company's Annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended April 30, 2009, and other risks and uncertainties from time to time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV