iShares: Dow Jones US Oil Equipment & Services Index Fund (IEZ)
Halliburton (HAL) reports this morning and represents 10.4% of IEZ; analysts expect the firm earned 25 cents per share in the quarter past.
Nabors Industries (NBR) reports on Tuesday. It's the No. 10 holding, with 2.8% of assets, with analysts expecting it earned 21 cents per share.
Investors will have a day to digest those two reports before Diamond Offshore (DO), 3% of IEZ, reports Thursday; analysts predict the firm earned $1.92 per share.Schlumberger (SLB) reports on Friday. The firm accounts for 21.5% of IEZ and analysts expect the firm to have earned 61 cents in the previous quarter. Schlumberger's estimates declined throughout the past three months, sliding another penny in the past week. Year to date, IEZ leads U.S. Oil (USO) in performance, but in the past month, IEZ has lagged the returns for USO. Strong earnings reports could help the sector advance though, as investors look to this quarter's higher oil prices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV