NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- General Electric (GE)'s energy infrastructure unit was stronger than many analysts expected in the first quarter, suggesting several stocks that play in the same space may be worth a look.
Energy infrastructure turned in revenues of $8.66 billion, better than four of six analyst estimates I reviewed, and also better than the average of their estimates, which was $8.59 billion.
GE's energy infrastructure business is massive, including everything from oil and gas and coal to wind, water. GE said electricity demand was still weak in developed markets, though it showed signs of improvement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV