Robbins Umeda LLP Announces An Investigation Of The Acquisition Of Mariner Energy, Inc. By Apache Corporation
Robbins Umeda LLP has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by members of the Board of Directors of Mariner Energy, Inc. ("Mariner Energy") (NYSE: ME) in connection with their actions in causing Mariner Energy to enter into a merger agreement with Apache Corporation ("Apache") (NYSE: APA) (NASDAQ: APA). If the transaction is completed, Mariner Energy shareholders will receive $7.80 in cash and 0.17043 of a share of Apache common stock for each share of Mariner Energy they own, subject to an election feature and proration. The companies expect the merger to close in the third quarter of 2010.
Robbins Umeda LLP's investigation concerns whether Mariner Energy's Board of Directors undertook a fair process to obtain fair consideration for all shareholders of Mariner Energy.
If you are a shareholder of Mariner Energy and would like more information about your rights as a shareholder, please contact attorney Lauren Levi at 800-350-6003 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Robbins Umeda LLP is a California-based law firm with significant experience representing investors in merger-related shareholder class actions, shareholder derivative actions, and securities fraud class actions. For more information about the firm, please go to http://www.robbinsumeda.com.Advertisement
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV