Bull & Lifshitz, LLP Announces Investigation Of The Acquisition Of Mirant Corporation By RRI Energy, Inc.
Bull & Lifshitz, LLP announces an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty in connection with the proposed merger of Mirant Corporation (NYSE: MIR) (referred to as "Mirant" or the “Company”) and RRI Energy, Inc. (NYSE: RRI) (referred to as “RRI”) in a transaction with a total value of approximately $1.6 billion.
Under the terms of the agreement, which has been approved unanimously by the Boards of Directors of both companies, Mirant shareholders will receive a fixed ratio of 2.835 shares of RRI common stock for each share of Mirant common stock they own.
Bull & Lifshitz, LLP's investigation is focused on whether the proposed deal provides adequate value to the Company’s shareholders.
If you are a holder of Mirant stock and want to discuss your legal rights, you may e-mail or call Bull & Lifshitz, LLP who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions.If you are a shareholder of Mirant and would like more information about our investigation, please contact Joshua M. Lifshitz, Esq. by telephone at (866) 313-6222 or by sending an e-mail including your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All e-mail correspondence should make reference to Mirant. Bull & Lifshitz, LLP is a New York City-based law firm with significant experience representing investors in merger-related shareholder class actions, shareholder derivative actions, and securities fraud class actions. For more information about the firm, please visit our website at www.nyclasslaw.com. ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. © 2010 Bull & Lifshitz, LLP. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Bull & Lifshitz, LLP, 18 East 41 st Street, New York, New York 10017, (212) 213-6222. Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV