Retail on Three-Month Winning Streak
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Retail sales rose for the third month in a row in March, beating economists' forecasts.
According to the Commerce Department, sales grew 1.6% during the month, the largest increase since November. Analysts predicted a smaller gain of 1.2%.
Sales were boosted by motor vehicles and auto parts, which soared 6.7%. Excluding this segment, sales climbed just 0.6%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV