ADC Telecom Call Buyers See Long Run
By David Russell, reporter at OptionMonster
OptionMonster's tracking systems detected unusual buying in the January 10 calls, which traded 7,080 times for 45 cents to 65 cents. Volume was almost six times open interest in the strike.
The maker of broadband equipment rose 4.99% to $8.21 Tuesday and is up 14% in the last month. The stock gapped higher after issuing better-than-expected earnings on Feb. 9. (It's also been favorably mentioned by Jim Cramer.)ADC spent most of March consolidating between $7 and $7.50 and then started rallying despite bearish options activity late last month. Tuesday's call buyers are looking for shares to rally past $10 by January expiration and may be hoping for the stock to fill a bearish price gap that occurred on July 23, 2008. Traders may also expect the company to announce positive earnings when it reports May 5. Overall option volume in the name was 20 times greater than average in the session, and calls accounted for 96% of the activity. At the time of publication, Russell had no positions in the stock mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV