Still, Greff also believes there is potential for near-term margin pressure from its competitor River City, which is expected to ramp up its marketing.
Shares of Ameristar are falling 3% to $17.73 in morning trading.
Empire Resorts (NYNY), meanwhile, is plunging 6.2% to $2.13, after it said that a court found it defaulted on $65 million in senior convertible notes issued to Bank of New York Mellon and The Depository Trust Company. The court ruled that Empire Resorts must now repurchase the senior convertible notes.
Regardless, when it comes to first-quarter earnings results, most analysts note that while the market is improving, investors should remain cautious about placing bets on casinos."Although we have seen strong returns in the first quarter, we still believe that it is prudent to remain patient and await a more attractive entry environment before adding to, or establishing, positions across a sector that relies on consumer discretionary dollars that are increasingly being spent in other areas during this rebound in confidence and spending," KeyBanc analyst Dennis Forst wrote in a note. -- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV