A combination of the aforementioned enabled the stock to close at $572.73 on Monday. Some other ways to play Google include the following:
- First Trust Dow Jones Internet Index (FDN), which boasts Google as its top holding. FDN closed at $27.51 on Monday.
- iShares Dow Jones US Technology (IYW), which allocates nearly 7% of its assets to Google. IYW closed at $59.84 on Monday.
When investing in technology equities it is important to keep in mind the volatility and inherent risks involved. To help mitigate these risks, the use of an exit strategy which identifies price points at which an upward trend could come to an end is important.
According to the latest data at SmartStops.net, an upward trend in Google could come to an end at $553.44. As for FDN and IYW, their price points are $26.38 and $57.69, respectively.
Written by Kevin Grewal in Laguna Niguel, Calif.At the time of publication, Grewal had no positions in the securities mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV