Ameritrans Capital Corporation Declares Dividend On 9 3/8% Cumulative Preferred Stock
On April 9, 2010, the Board of Directors of Ameritrans Capital Corporation (NASDAQ: AMTC, AMTCP) declared a dividend of $0.28125 per share on its 9 3/8% Cumulative Participating Redeemable Preferred Stock (“Preferred Stock”) for the quarterly period commencing January 1, 2010 and ending March 31, 2010. The dividend is payable to holders of Preferred Stock of record as of April 22, 2010 and will be paid as soon as practicable thereafter.
Ameritrans Capital Corporation is an internally managed, closed-end investment company that has elected to be regulated as a business development company (BDC) under the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended. Ameritrans originates, structures and manages a portfolio of secured business loans and selected equity securities. Ameritrans' wholly owned subsidiary Elk Associates Funding Corporation was licensed by the United States Small Business Administration as a Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) in 1980.
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning
of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements
are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual
results to differ materially from those presently anticipated or
projected. Ameritrans Capital Corporation cautions investors not to
place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as
to management's expectations on this date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV