Story updated with Verizon Wireless response.
The word is that Microsoft is planning to launch two colorful phones at an event in San Francisco later today, one of which is said to be a clamshell phone while the other will use a candy bar form factor. Both phones are expected to focus on social networking features and will likely be aimed at young adults.
The Zunited blog, however, says that both phones will use sliders with keyboards. One, code-named Turtle, resembles a fat Palm (PALM) Pre, while the other, dubbed Pure, is more like a Motorola (MOT) Cliq.
Mister Softee Targets Tweens
|Who Owns Microsoft?|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV