Dividend Stocks for the Week
With an increase in consumer spending in the early months of 2010, apparel brands such as Oxford Industries (OXM) are finally seeing solid revenue numbers. And thanks to a 22.2% dividend increase, investors are seeing some pretty impressive numbers themselves, with a quarterly payout of 11 cents per share. That increase puts Oxford's yield at a competitive 2.06%.
Oxford designs, produces and markets apparel for its own brands as well as private labels, selling directly to wholesalers, national chains, and department stores. The company's higher-margin branded products, which account for around 64% of sales, include names such as Tommy Bahama and Ben Sherman.
Oxford's business model is a strong one for a fickle apparel market. With high cost variability and outside manufacturers, the company can scale down its operations relatively easily without bleeding red ink. Despite significant losses in 2009 due to one-time expenses, the company has maintained a solid track record of profitability in the downturn, and its dividend remains fairly safe -- despite margins that are lower than we typically like to see.
For the rest of this week's dividend stocks, check out the Dividend Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr.And if you haven't already done so, join Stockpickr today to create your own dividend portfolio. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV