Dividend Stocks for the Week
HVAC distributor Watsco (WSO) may attract industry attention by being the biggest player in its field, but the company keeps investors satiated with a 3.6% dividend yield -- one that just got bumped up thanks to an 8.3% increase.
Watsco has built a consistent track record of acquiring strong local distributors to increase the size of its network of heating, ventilating and air conditioning operations for the past decade. And although stiff competition from less-segmented brands have put the squeeze on Watsco's margins, new EPA regulations could push the company on the path to higher profitability.
One firm that's hoping for an uptick in Watsco is Basswood Partners, a $2 billion New York-based equity hedge fund. In addition to Wasco, the fund also owns stakes in Airgas (ARG) and American Express (AXP).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV