Dividend Stocks for the Week
One company that boosted its dividend recently is Credicorp (BAP), a Peruvian financial services company that owns insurance, investment banking and retail banking subsidiaries. Credicorp's biggest division is Banco de Credito del Peru, the country's leading retail and commercial bank, which provides nearly 95% of the company's revenues. Last week, management announced a 13.3% dividend increase, bringing the annual payout to $1.70 per share.
A strong recovery in Peru should drive significant loan growth for the bank, which saw significant devaluation in 2008 thanks to a selloff of both financial services plays and Latin American stocks. In 2010, the tables seem to have turned on Peru's economy, and Credicorp is expecting its loan books to achieve 18% growth this year.
One of the biggest growth areas for lenders in developing countries should be microloans. These tiny, relatively short-term loans provide higher margins than traditional lending arrangements and stimulate significant economic growth from the ground up. They should also keep investors interested in this banking play stateside. Credicorp's dividend yield currently sits at 1.92%. The company's thick margins and growing cash flows should keep those payments flowing this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV