Golden Enterprises Announces Quarterly Results
Golden Enterprises, Inc.’s (NASDAQ: GLDC) Board of Directors today declared a quarterly dividend of $.03125 per share payable April 28, 2010 to stockholders of record on April 16, 2010.
Golden Enterprises, Inc.’s basic and diluted income per share for the thirteen weeks ended February 26, 2010 was $.08 compared to $.06 for the thirteen weeks ended February 27, 2009. Net sales increased 4% for the current quarter, and were $31,348,255 versus $30,162,920 for the same period last year. Operating income for the quarter was $1,508,374 versus $1,150,140 for the same period last year an increase of 31%.
During the quarter the company was able to generate positive results from improved margins and positive sales trends.
For the thirty-nine weeks ended February 26, 2010, basic and diluted income per share was $.23 per share compared to $.15 per share. Total net sales were $95,392,485 this year compared to $89,168,938 last year, an increase of 8%.The following is a summary of net sales and income information for the thirteen weeks and thirty-nine weeks ended February 26, 2010 and February 27, 2009.
|Thirteen Weeks Ended||Thirty-Nine Weeks Ended|
|February 26,||February 27,||February 26,||February 27,|
|Income (loss) before taxes||1,618,529||1,178,543||4,295,773||2,885,130|
|Net income (loss)||$||1,014,232||$||734,759||$||2,738,124||$||1,787,343|
Basic and diluted income per share
Basic weighted shares outstanding
Diluted weighted shares outstanding
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV