NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Several stocks trading near $5 were poised to move on above-average volume during Thursday's session.
Streamline Health (STRM) jumped by 39 cents, or 19.8%, to $2.39 in the premarket session after the company posted a fourth-quarter profit of 17 cents a share on revenue of $6.3 million, compared to the single analyst target of 16 cents a share on revenue of $6.28 million. Streamline said revenue from application hosting services increased by 44% from the year-ago quarter. The 50-day average daily volume for Streamline is 12,000, according to the Nasdaq.
Hoku Scientific (HOKU) was set to trade higher after the company said it has initiated pilot production of polysilicon at its manufacturing facility in Pocatello, Idaho. Shares closed Wednesday at $2.48 and were up more than 5% in the after-market session. The 50-day average daily volume for Hoku is 100,000.
EF Johnson Technologies (EFJI) gained 6 cents, or 6.2%, to $1.01 in the premarket session after the company said it has obtained two additional orders totaling $6.7 million from a State Transportation Department. The 50-day average daily volume for EF Johnson is 41,500.VirnetX Holding (VHC) may lose ground after the company's independent public accounting firm included in its annual report a "going concern" qualification. VirnetX shares closed Wednesday at $5.17. The three-month average daily volume for VirnetX is 587,000, according to Yahoo! Finance. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Thursday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV