Abercrombie & Fitch Reports March Sales Results
NEW ALBANY, Ohio, April 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) today reported net sales of $275.4 million for the five-week period ended April 3, 2010, a 19% increase from net sales of $231.3 million for the five-week period ended April 4, 2009. March comparable store sales increased 5%. Total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 45% to $27.9 million. Total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 112% to $45.8 million.
Year-to-date, the Company reported a net sales increase of 18% to $473.4 million from $402.6 million last year. Comparable store sales increased 5% for the year-to-date period. Year-to-date, total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 38% to $45.6 million. Year-to-date, total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 107% to $79.1 million.
Additional information regarding sales for fiscal March can be found in a pre-recorded message accessible by dialing (800) 395-0662, or, internationally, by dialing (402) 220-1262.
March 2010 Highlights
- Total Company net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 19%
- Total Company domestic net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 10%
- Total Company international net sales, including direct-to-consumer net sales, increased 112%
- Total Company comparable store sales increased 5%
- Total Company direct-to-consumer net merchandise sales increased 45%
- Abercrombie & Fitch comparable store sales increased 10%
- abercrombie kids comparable store sales increased 12%
- Hollister Co. comparable store sales decreased 1%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV