NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- YRC Worldwide (YRCW) wasn't alone in receiving a warning letter from the Nasdaq last month.
YRC Worldwide, like several other companies, received notice in March that it is in violation of a Nasdaq listing rule that requires a stock to maintain a minimum bid price of $1. These companies now have less than six months to regain compliance with the rule or face delisting from the exchange. The following 10 stocks, ranked by revenue over the trailing 12 months, received notice in March and remain on the Nasdaq's list of deficient companies as of April 6.
YRC Worldwide (YRCW)
Closing price: 57 cents (April 7)
Revenue: $5.28 billion (trailing 12 months)Received Nasdaq notice: March 3, 2010 Management's expected action: Shareholders have authorized YRC Worldwide's board of directors to effect a reverse stock split within a range of 5-to-1 to 25-to-1. That would bring the approximately 1 billion outstanding shares to a post-reverse-stock-split range of roughly 40 million to 200 million. However, under the terms of a $70 million private placement transaction, YRC Worldwide has agreed not to implement a reverse stock split prior to April 24. The company expects to effect the reverse stock split during the second quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV