NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- YRC Worldwide (YRCW) and a handful of other stocks trading under $1 were slapped with a notice in March for failure to meet a bid price requirement laid out by the Nasdaq, although there is still time for these companies to regain compliance.
YRC Worldwide, like several other stocks, has less than six months to satisfy a Nasdaq listing rule that requires a stock to maintain a minimum bid price of $1. Investors in penny stocks like YRC Worldwide need to understand what options are available to the companies and what the future holds if the company they have invested in fails to regain the $1 price threshold.
If a stock closes below the $1 mark for 30 consecutive business days, it is granted a grace period of 180 calendar days to regain compliance with the Nasdaq's listing requirements. To regain compliance, a stock would have to close at or above $1 for a minimum of 10 consecutive trading sessions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV