NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "The averages may be telling us to shiver in fear, but the data is telling a different story," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Wednesday.
He said the statistics from individual companies continue to tell him that the recovery is still on track, so he's ignoring the headlines and the averages and is looking for bargains.Cramer said that the data is telling him that we're still in good shape, economically speaking, and he just can't ignore such powerful signals. He said that when Tractor Supply (TSCO), which sells expensive things to farmers, says it's having a good quarter, he has to pay attention.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV