By Louis Navellier of InvestorPlace
Four times a year we cross an invisible barrier. You definitely can't see it, but you can certainly feel the powerful change from it. I'm talking about earnings season. We've officially ended the first quarter and earnings announcements are right around the corner.
I expect the S&P 500's operating earnings to be up almost 70% during the first quarter. Many lumbering blue-chip stocks will see modest growth as part of this trend, but small-cap stocks with explosive potential is where the real opportunity is for investors.
Strong earnings are often rewarded with double-digit gains in just a few days after a great report -- so now is the time to buy into the best small-cap stocks before the earnings surge!
More From Investor Place
|Top Five Stocks for April|
|Eight Inverse ETFs to Play the Coming Correction|
|Five Toxic Funds for Your 401(k)|
|Free Investing Guide|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV