Security National Financial Corporation Reports Financial Results For The Year Ended December 31, 2009
Security National Financial Corporation (SNFC) (NASDAQ: SNFCA) announced financial results for the year ended December 31, 2009.
SNFC announced revenues of $218,595,000 for the year ending December 31, 2009. Pre-tax earnings from operations increased 768% from $731,000 in 2008 to $6,348,000 in 2009. Net after tax earnings for the twelve month period increased 556% from $575,000 to $3,774,000.
Scott Quist, President of SNFC, noted: The economic environment within which we must operate continues to be very troubled. Of course we are gratified that we have maintained our revenues and increased our profitability during these times. This low interest rate environment continues to hamper life segment profitability and assuming moderately rising interest rates in the near future such increases would hamper mortgage segment profitability. We continue to see credit losses in both the publicly traded securities and residential mortgage sectors but hope that the worst of such losses are behind us. Such losses have been extremely difficult to accurately anticipate and predict.
SNFC has three business segments. The following table shows the revenues and earnings before taxes for the twelve months ended December 31, 2009 as compared to 2008 for each of the three business segments:
|Revenues||Earnings before Taxes|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV